Friday, June 25, 2010

Call for Day of Prayer...

If My people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. ~2Chronicles 7:14


Listening to the Laura Ingraham Show on my way home from some errands today, I heard that the Governors of the Gulf Coast states have issued Proclamations to set aside Sunday June 27 as a Day of Prayer.


It was a blessing to my heart to hear that there are leaders who are coming to understand that they need to look to God, out side of themselves, their own abilities.

I do not know the faith of these men, but it is a cloud as small as a man's hand. How wonderful it would be if the LORD would "Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned...."~ Lamentations 5:21

You can read the actual Proclamation here: Baptist Press

(So much for Mr. Obama not acknowledging our National Day of Prayer!)

No comments: