Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tagged for a Book Meme!


"You can't get a cup of tea big enough,
or a book long enough to suit me."
- C.S. Lewis

What fun!


My own Kaitlyn Michelle at I Stand Redeemed tagged me for a book Meme, I am sure I broke the rules in my answers. It is so hard to pick just one :)


Who is your all time favorite author?

This is a difficult choice for me, as I many of the books I read vary in genres. Spiritually Phillip Doddridge and Oswald Chambers are easily my favorites! I have also enjoyed many of the writings of William Wilberforce.

As far as biographies go I would have to say David McCasland and Kevin Belmonte,as for World Views that would be C.S. Lewis.

My favorite novelists are Elizabeth Prentiss ,Jane Austen, Elizabeth Gaskell, and L.T. Meade.


Who is the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?

Elizabeth Prentiss, definitely. Stepping Heavenward is a priceless work, and definitely made this dear Christian lady a first class author in my opinion. She has such an ability to inspire one to godliness, and she captures life in it's truest reality.


Who was your first favorite author and why? Do you still consider him/her to be among your favorites?

Definitely Beatrix Potter! I'm sure she is!


If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth?

Phillip Dodderidge, and Elizabeth Prentiss

*I decided to add a question to this little Meme...

List your favorite books from the following genres:

1. Spiritual - The Rise & Progress of Religion In The Soul

2. Novel- Stepping Heavenward

3.Biography/Autobio- Oswald Chambers, Abandoned To God



My tagee:

Hilda Rebecca at Promise Christian Academy


Rules:

  • Link to the person that tagged you.
  • Post the rules somewhere in your meme.
  • Answer the questions.
  • Tag people in your post.
  • Let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.
  • Let the tagger know your entry is posted.

1 comment:

Promise Christian Academy said...

Hi Lisa!
I finally did the book meme! I am enjoying a quiet morning in a clean house and catching up on my blogging!
Hilda Rebecca