Friday, June 13, 2008

Baby Blankets

These are some pictures of the blankets I made for Declan (right) and Seamus (below). The pink blanket I did on a whim to change colors for fun of it. (Kaitie has dibs on that one:)

I'm looking forward to getting started on a blanket for the new baby as soon as we confirm if the baby is pink or blue:)

I feel kind of challenged as I never used an actual pattern, I made them up as I went along. I may do a pattern this time. (I just hate following directions, as I tend to lose my place, and I hate going back and counting everything). Anyhow I'm truly a novice, and knit and crochet simply for fun, and love. I think these sweeties are inspiration enough and I think they actually make my work look good. Thanks boys!




Seamus about 6 months old,
I think he's warming up to it.



As you can see it is still his favorite :)







2 comments:

claimthemountain said...

Those blankets are gorgeous! I love to knit and crochet. It is just extra special to do it for babies.

Promise Christian Academy said...

Lisa,
They turned out great! You are going to inspire my daughter too much I think! I have been encouraging her to find a pattern a stick to it and she always ends up designing her own! :) I guess I should just let her go! I showed her this post :) I like the blue and yellow, so pretty.
Hilda Rebecca