Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What's new around the house?



This is my little project. I needed something for over
the sofa in the first floor parlor. I picked this unfinished pine shelf up at A.C. Moore's and stained it with a mahogany gel stain. Frank was kind enough to let me use his wood shop, (it makes me feel real professional).


I was very pleased with how it turned out, the gel stain
was the perfect finish. Sometimes pine grabs stain in a very unevenpattern. The gel was very easy to work with also.


=======================


This is Frank's latest project. He has been working on this for awhile since real life keeps him quite busy. He really is such a craftsman. He asked what I wanted and he built it. I just love it, and him for building it for me!


Thanks, Honey...good job!

No comments: