Friday, February 22, 2008

"This is the day that the Lord has made...

...let us rejoice and be glad in it." And let it snow!
It was a beautiful snowy day today, and I just love to be home on a snowy day! I woke up with a nasty cold, but thanks to hot tea, and meds the day shaped up so fine. Biddy just loves going out to run like a nut, and bark at Toby next door. As you can see she has had all of her furnishings shaved off, for a puppy look. I hated to do it but her hair was really tired and just needed to go. I am hoping by early
summer she will be nicely furnished again.



Kaitie made homemade granola bars to have with tea, and I was finally able to finish a scarf that Frank had asked me to make to match his jacket. I was glad for the uninterrupted time to finish as I was afraid it would be spring before it was done. Sometimes the smallest things take forever and it seemed that I was always laying it aside to do something else. I'm thankful it turned out really well.





We also made time to watch one of my favorite movies"I Remember Mama". This is great movie about simple family life, the mother is such a wonderful character. It is actually based on a book written from a young woman's real life experiences, and how dear her mama was to her.I took time to read the book after seeing the movie the first time, and enjoyed it also. Irene Dunn has the leading role. It made me think about the impressions we make as mothers, and how I would want to be remembered.All in all it was a very relaxing uneventful day, I am very thankful for. I hope your day was as sweet.
Lord bless. Lisa





No comments: